Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

California: Onto November ... and fatherhood!!!

I am running in California's 22nd assembly district (like State Rep. in Michigan).

It covers the cities of Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino and parts of San Jose and Santa Clara, our district is about 40 miles South of San Francisco, in Santa Clara County. Our district is the heart of Silicon Valley. Inside district 22 are the HQs or regional offices of Apple, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Ebay, Juniper Networks, Brocade, Lockheed Martin, and also includes Moffet Air Force Base.

This is a great district for a libertarian to run in, especially since there are no REAL GOP candidates (I.E. GOP candidates trying to win) in this county for any offices higher than county supervisor. Although, heavily Democratic, many Democrats here are not as progressive on economics as most National Democrats, because those guys are in the Green Party. The Democrats here are for personal choice, etc. but want to make a bunch of money on tech companies, etc.... so they are more libertarian than your typical Obama Progressive. The task at hand is to teach them that Obama is NOT like them... and the votes will pour in! That's why I need as many donations as possible quickly to teach these voters through advertising and door-to-door campaigning that they just might find me to be a better choice than Obama-progressive Paul Fong, the incumbent. 

I was Michigan House of Rep candidate in 2000 for District 90 (Holland, Zeeland, Hudsonville) by Dad (Bruce Campbell) is actually the candidate this year for State Senate Dist. 30 (or 32?) in Michigan. (Jenison, Hudsonville, Holland, Zeeland, Grandville etc).

The reason I sent this to you and many of my friends in Michigan is I used to be very active in the MIGOP and Libertarian Party of Michigan from 1999-2005 when I moved here.


"Do not mistake activity for achievement"
– John Wooden

 

Note:

 

Many of you are libertarians or supporters of my ideas for better, limited government, but may not know me personally. I received all your e-mails from each of you over the past 4 years or more. The reason you are getting this message is because I need support of libertarians and limited government supporters all over the country, not just California or the 22nd district. If you would rather not receive e-mails from me, please simply respond that you are not interested in my campaign.

 

Thanks,

 

-TJ Campbell

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

6-9-10

 

Dear friends and supporters,

I have officially made the November ballot. Yesterday I won the votes of 272 Libertarians voting in the 22nd district Libertarian primary. To those of you on this list who voted for me, thank you.

Now, I was unopposed, so this victory was already known, but now I have to take on Incumbent Paul Fong (25,640 votes) and GOP paper candidate Eric Hickok (12,415 votes).
I already have some of these Democrat and GOP votes from people who said they voted in the Dem or GOP primary but will vote for me. The goal is to now reach out to those that didn't vote in this election because they are in other parties or decline to state or disgruntled Democrats and Republicans. We even need to reach out to educate those who are apathetic to voting and get them to care again because I may be the candidate they have been waiting to vote for!!!

To really do this, I need money. Lots of campaign contributions. I have only 298 dollars in the campaign account. I have raised about 500 bucks so far. I spent much of this money on getting on the ballot. The rest of my money will only pay for my website and buy some business cards. I need other supplies (fund-raiser envelopes, signs, postcards, biz cards, flyers and registered voter lists) and I want to put money towards advertising on radio, in local papers and magazines and on TV if I am to make this race competitive.

To those who don't know, my wife and I will be having our first baby on June 21st (it will be induced, so I know when he is coming!). It means I will be taking some time off from campaigning, and means I have VERY LITTLE personal money to put in my own campaign.

I am taking a break from the campaign until July 12th. During that time I need volunteers to step up and help make fund-raising phone calls and volunteers to be ready to walk door to door with/for me starting July 17th. Also between now and the 12th, I need YOU to step up and donate to my campaign. I need 5, 10, 25, 100 or, if you are willing and able, 1000 or the max allowed: $2900!!!

If everyone gives me 10 bucks, I will have $3,810.... a great start, and a total that can help me raise more money from wealthier people and local businesses who support my policies and it will bring endorsements that will, in turn, bring in more money! My initial goals are not lofty. I want to raise 40,000 dollars and win 15 percent of the vote. The more money I get the better I will do. If I do really well, say 25 or 30 percent, maybe even beat the Republican, than I have a great chance to spin this pseudo victory into a victory in the Mountain View city council race in 2012, or some other similar, local office. I will be heavily targeting Mountain View and Sunnyvale, as both those cities have a city council member who is sympathetic to my (our) cause of liberty. But Cupertino, San Jose and Santa Clara (city) do need coverage!

To donate: please send checks made out to TJ Campbell for Assembly 2010 to:

TJ Campbell for Assembly 2010
111 N. Rengstorff Ave. #36
Mountain View, CA 94043

For government reporting purposes please list on a separate piece of paper:

your full mailing address, your job title, and your place of employment!

If you can volunteer time to help make calls or walk flyers door-to-door, call me at 650-346-4311, 616-510-3195 or 650-520-9958.

Thank you all for your support!

In Liberty,

-TJ Campbell
Assembly Dist. 22 Candidate

"Do not mistake activity for achievement"
– John Wooden (1910-2010)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment